Monday, April 11, 2016

What I’d Do Differently: Burt Reynolds on the Best Car Movie He’s Made, Hal Needham, and More

What I'd Do Differently: Burt Reynolds

C/D: When you were growing up in Florida, how important were cars to kids back then? Did you have a car?

BR: Actually it was a huge status symbol. Our family really didn’t have a car; we had my dad’s police cruiser. Later he got a Buick, and that’s what I was driving when I had a wreck. I’m lucky it was as big and strong as it was, because that Buick is what saved my life. I had an Indian Scout motorcycle during high school, but I never could take it to school. My dad would sneak out at night and pull the spark-plug wires. READ MORE ››


from Car and Driver Blog http://www.caranddriver.com/features/what-id-do-differently-burt-reynolds-interview


No comments:

Post a Comment