A new residential tower may be erected in Lake View East. The 17-story building is proposed for an area just west of Lake Shore Drive near Sheridan Road that is mostly four to seven-story buildings peppered with taller residential skyscrapers.
Plans for the Antunovich Associates-designed building were recently submitted to the city. It will replace a pair of 3½-story brick fronted apartment blocks and a garage on the north side of Belmont between Hudson and Pine Grove.
The building will take up the entire width of the lot, so cars will access the internal parking garage through a driveway in front leading through a cobbled courtyard. There is already a curb cut at this location.
The firehose, please:
- Address: 450 West Belmont Avenue
- Developer: 450 Belmont Properties
- Architecture firm: Antunovich Associates
- Levels: 17
- Maximum height: 179 feet
- Roof: 167 feet
- Gross site area: 16,550 square feet
- Net site area: 14,602 square feet
- Floor area ratio: 6.6
- Residences: 95
- Parking: 50 spaces
- Bicycle parking: 95 spaces
- Parking access: via West Belmont Street
- Loading docks: one
- Loading dock access: via West Belmont Street
- Unit types:
- Efficiencies: 38
- One bedroom: 27
- Two bedroom: 30
- 18: Mechanical
- 17: Mechanical, amenity, gym, terrace
- 4-16: Residential
- 2-3: Parking
- 1: Lobby, mechanical, parking
- Private outdoor dog run on 4th floor
- Green roof alert! 2,500 square feet
Did you enjoy this article? Click to give the author a few cents.
from Chicago Architecture http://www.chicagoarchitecture.org/2016/04/07/belmont-avenue-tower-seeks-lake-views-in-lake-view-east/