Two weeks ago we told you about a proposal for a shiny, but modest, office building on the edge of the Cabrini Green neighborhood. If completed, 863 North Orleans will bring a little bit of mix to what will hopefully one day become a mixed use neighborhood.
Back on the 16th we had some real nice renderings and some basic information. Now the developer has filed paperwork with the city to make this building actually happen and we can bring more detailed… uh… details. Have a nice drink from the firehose:
- Architecture firm: Piekarz Associates
- Maximum height: 85 feet
- Roof height: 76 feet
- Length: 143 feet
- Width: 100 feet
- Floor space: 65,000 square feet
- Retail space: 3,700 square feet
- Office space: 58,500 square feet
- Current zoning: C1-2 Neighborhood Commercial District
- Requested zoning: C1-5 Neighborhood Commercial District
- Lot size: 14,378 square feet
- Floor Area Ratio: 4.52
- Parking spaces: 32
- Bicycle parking spaces: Four. Not five. Not three. Four.
- Garage access: Off West Chestnut Street
- Loading docks: One
- Loading dock access: Off West Chestnut Street
- Lobby access: Off North Orleans Street
- Elevators: Two
- Below grade parking!
- Green roof alert!
- Transit Oriented Development alert!
Did you enjoy this article? Click to give the author a few cents.
from Chicago Architecture http://www.chicagoarchitecture.org/2016/03/29/the-long-and-short-of-863-north-orleans/