Cover the mirrors, put on your mourning band, and bake a casserole. Another Near North parking lot is about to bite the dust.
It’s been almost two years since we first told you about 100 West Huron, Akara Partners‘ project to replace the surface parking lot at the northwest corner of Clark and Huron with a miniature condominium block. Since then, the economy has warmed, and the building has grown from a mere 14 stories in 2014 to 18 stories today. It’s also gone from being a residential project to being a 200-room hotel with a 17th-floor indoor/outdoor bar with a retractable roof.
Having filed the necessary paperwork with the city of Chicago, Akara appears ready to move forward with the plan. To get an idea of what the revised building has in store, consult the moist bounty of this firehose:
- Address: 100 West Huron Street
- Address: 700 North Clark Street
- Floors: 18
- Maximum height: 180 feet and one inch
- Roof height: 172½ feet
- Length: 110 feet
- Width: 89 feet
- Maximum number of hotel rooms: 200
- Retail space: 5,150 square feet
- Lobby access: Via West Huron Street
- Parking spaces: None. None spaces.
- Loading docks: One
- Loading dock access: via north-south alley off Huron Street
- Net site area: 11,985 square feet
- Base Floor Area Ratio: 7
- Affordable housing bonus: 1.75
- Upper level setback bonus: .33
- Total Floor Are Ratio: 9.08
- Green roof alert! 3,300 square feet
Did you enjoy this article? Click to give the author a few cents.
from Chicago Architecture http://www.chicagoarchitecture.org/2016/03/28/100-west-huron-gains-height-turns-into-a-hotel/