Heavy machinery continues to batter the soil where the Gold Coast Jewel-Osco store once stood, making way for…the new Gold Coast Jewel-Osco, along with its attached 35-story tower, of course.
The Sinclair will soon rise up from this very lot at 1201 North LaSalle Street. Fifield Companies is building a 390-unit apartment tower designed by friends-of-the-blog Solomon Cordwell Buenz. If you’re a resident of the area, you’ve no doubt heard the noise makers pounding and drilling since the end of December here.
Now, one might think having a 24-hour grocery store attached to one’s residence is all the luxury needed to survive. But The Sinclair will carry on the new tradition that states quite clearly, “all new rental developments must be absolutely loaded with amenities.” Washer and dryer in each unit? Check. Fitness club? Yep. Okay, but with a yoga studio? Mmm hmmm. Heck, there’s gonna be a *full floor* of amenity space in this baby!
There are plenty more high-end extras included that are just too numerous to mention now, but here are a bunch of stats on The Sinclair you didn’t know you needed to know:
- Developer: Fifield Companies
- Architecture firm: Solomon Cordwell Buenz
- General Contractor: McHugh Construction
- Residences: 390
- Floor Area Ratio: 6.7
- Parking: 350 spaces
- Apartment configuration:
- Studio: $1,900 (52 units)
- Convertible: $2,175 (120 units)
- 1 bedroom/1 bath: $2,475 (116 units)
- 2 bedroom/2 bath: $3,700 (86 units)
- 3 bedroom/3 bath: $6,600 (16 units)
- 4 bedroom penthouses on 35th floor (unknown number)
- Affordable housing units: 39
- Parking space cost: $215-$275/month
- Parking garage entrance: North Clark Street
- Parking garage exits: Via north-south public alley and North Clark Street
- Loading dock access: Via north-south public alley
- Commercial space: 55,000 square feet
- Loading docks: six
- Height to roof: 390 feet
- Maximum building height: 420 feet
- Residential entrance: West Division Street
- Jewel entrance: Corner of Division and public alley, and corner of Division and Clark
- New subway entrance on North LaSalle Street
- Green roof alert! 22,599 square feet on Jewel, 7,074 square feet on residential tower
- Basketball court on roof of Jewel
- Pool on roof of Jewel
Expect The Sinclair to be open for habitation in the Summer of 2017.
Did you enjoy this article? Click to give the author a few cents.
from Chicago Architecture http://www.chicagoarchitecture.org/2016/02/25/the-sinclair-lays-groundwork-in-the-gold-coast/