We’re learning more about the plan to transform a parking lot spanning half a city block into a 25-story residential tower. Not surprisingly, this is happening in River North, which is drawing new development like fleas to a junkyard dog.
300 West Huron is the current name and the location of the tower being developed by JFJ Development. It is expected to have just 71 residences across 25 floors. When you exclude the mechanical penthouse and the ground floor, that means an average of just three homes per floor. Down below, there are plans for a healthy chunk of retail space and (cue the fanfare) a pocket park on the building’s western edge.
The design and size of the building have been tweaked since last year’s public meeting about this building. It’s a little taller, with a little less retail space. The paperwork was just recently submitted to the Chicago Plan Commission, but this building is not on the committee’s docket for this month.
- Address: 300 West Huron Street
- Address: 701 North Orleans Street
- Address: 700 North Franklin Street
- Developer: JFJ 300 Huron, LLC
- For realsies: JFJ Development
- Architecture firm: Hartshorne Plunkard Architecture
- Floors: 25
- Maximum height: 303½ feet
- Roof height: 298 feet
- Fourth floor amenity deck height: 35 feet
- 23rd floor deck height: 266 feet
- 24th floor deck height: 277 feet
- Residences: 71
- Gross site area: 49,705 square feet
- Net site area: 32,503 square feet
- Retail space: 12,000 square feet
- Floor area ratio: 7.0
- Parking: 71 spaces
- Loading docks: one
Did you enjoy this article? Click to give the author a few cents.
from Chicago Architecture http://www.chicagoarchitecture.org/2016/02/16/300-west-huron-in-hurry-up-and-wait-mode/