1000 South Clark, the brand-spankin’ new apartment tower at 1000 South Clark Street in the South Loop, looks more and more complete with each passing day. Long gone are the tower crane and construction elevators. Just a few finishers remain on site, getting everything ready for the big debut.
The developers, a joint effort by Chicago’s JDL Development and New York’s iStar, are bringing 469 apartments to the neighborhood, along with a list of amenities sure to please every renter’s tastes. They’ll be able to lease studio, one-, two-, and three-bedroom residences ranging in size from 510 square feet up to about 2,700. Rents will range from $1,625 to $6,784 per month.
Need all that space, plus your own parking? One of the unique features of 1000 South Clark is its inclusion of 6 townhomes, which will provide a two-car garage along with an average 2,635 square feet of living space. Those units will start at $5,823 per month, and will include up to three-and-a-half baths.
Indoor/outdoor pool? Running track? Racquetball court? Golf simulator? This promises to be a very active community.
The Habitat Company, headquartered in Chicago, will manage the property, and opened pre-leasing at the end of 2015.
The list of amenities at 1000 South Clark is too impressive not to fire hose. So here ya go:
- Developer – JDL Development
- Developer – iStar
- Design Architect – Hartshorne Plunkard Architecture
- 29 stories
- 4-story garage/327 parking spaces
- 469 rental apartments
- 6 townhomes with two-car garages
- 43,000 square feet of luxury amenity space
- 10,000 SF fitness center
- Indoor/outdoor pool and outdoor hot tub
- 1/6-mile rooftop running track
- Basketball court
- Golf simulator
- 25,000 SF of outdoor terraces with grills, fire pits and outdoor televisions
- Landscaped outdoor dog park, plus Bark on Clark, a full-service pet care facility
- Neighborhood bar room with BYOB taps
- Full service dry cleaning and alterations
- Automated package retrieval system
- Private interior drive court off Clark Street
- Resident-only parking garage
- Media Room
- Package Receiving
- Racquetball Court
- Spa/Hot Tub
- Balconies in select residences
- Panoramic views of Lake Michigan or the Chicago skyline
Did you enjoy this article? Click to give the author a few cents.
from The Chicago Architecture Blog http://www.chicagoarchitecture.org/2016/01/15/grand-opening-of-1000-south-clark-just-around-the-corner/